Friday, March 27, 2009

Birthday Weekend

Shelly and I in NYC
Tod's Point in CT








The amazing breakfast Ben made for my birthday


So all I have to say is that it was so much fun having my mom out here this past weekend. Let's do a little recap. I picked her up from the White Plains airport (so happy I didn't have to drive to JFK or LGA) on Thursday and then we went shopping. We went to this huge mall in White Plains. I loved it. The next day Ben got to work from home (which was nice because I was going to have to take him to work in the morning and then drive back home since we only have one car). My mom and I went and got pedicures from a place down the street (totally want to go again since it is so close). Which was amazing and badly needed. We also made some bows for my hair. I kinda felt like I should be making bows for a child or something but nope just me. Saturday I woke up to Ben making me breakfast. Now you may not know but Ben loves to cook. And he is also into the presentation of his food. He made me apple and pear crepes which were amazing. But I think the best part was his presentation. He seriously amazes me. After breakfast we went into the city to see Little Mermaid. They all wore rollerblades so it made them look like they were swimming. It was so different and I LOVED IT. Then on Sunday my mom made me a birthday dinner which consisted of: ham, twice baked potatoes, rolls, and pretzel jello. All I can say is that Ben and I have been eating left overs all week long. So nice. Then sadly I had to take her to the airport Monday afternoon. It was so sad to see her go but before she left I bought my mom and dad tickets to come in October so I am already looking forward to that. Oh and I cut three inches off my hair on Tuesday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad your birthday was so much fun! :-)

Whittney and Ryan said...

yayayay i have been waiting for this post! Shel-dog is really a gem and I am glad you get to see her again in october! Ben you need to go on Iron Chief and CYn I want to see the new hair

Erin said...

fun!! so jeal you saw little mermaid. and shelly.

Lizzie said...

It's so fun to have your Mom come visit ... I'm jealous! I'm glad you had a great birthday. The Little Mermaid is SO good! We saw it a little while ago & loved it too!

Unknown said...

cyn
i want to go to little mermaid, i'm so jealous. umm so i graduate in a week. its weird. i'll call you to fill you in on the happenings of my life. miss you mucho.
k